Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 805

prashanth15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to configure WAN encrption between the two Cisco 805 routers.

Appreciate if you can help me in configuring.I am new to routers.

The items choose are as below:

Description Qty

Cisco 805 Serial Router 2

Cisco 805 Series IOS IP/FW PLUS IPSEC 3DES 2

Cisco 805 8-MB to 12-MB DRAM factory upgrade 2

Cisco 800 8MB to 12MB Flash Factory Upgrade 2

V.35 Cable, DTE Male to Smart Serial, 10 Feet 2

Regards,

Prashanth

7 Replies 7

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Prasanth,

have a look at the link below, it contains a sample configuration for an IPSec connection between two routers. Basically, on each router, you define the addresses with which you are peering, and then specify which traffic to encrypt. If you have private addresses on your LAN side, and public addresses on your WAN, you also might need to define NAT (Network Address Translation). Give it a try, and if you run into trouble, post the configurations of both routers with what you got so far.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009475c.shtml

Regards,

GNT

Hi GNT,

Cannot access the URL,requires username and password.

can you attach the configuration.

Regards,

Prashanth

Hi,

But this is related to VPN.

I want the WAN traffic to be encrypted between two office.Both office is using cisco 805 routers and point-point leased line.

Regards,

Prashanth

Hi Prashanth

You need to throw more lite on the kinda encryption you wanted to have in place between the locations.

As correctly mentioned by George you can go ahead with configuring IPSEC on both the routers which can provide you enough strength.

As you have mentioned that you are running with P2P leased line i dont see any point in using encryption on that since its going to be your own locations and not getting connected to any SP(Public Network) in that case you can make use of enough encryption strength to your traffic.

regds

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Though encryption is not required in your case as suggested, given below is a link for the config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_tech_note09186a00801d55aa.shtml

Pls rate all posts.

Regards

JD

o.hassairi
Level 1
Level 1

you can download configmaker from cisco, it s free and use the wizard.

configmaker could be helpful

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card