cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9200L SSH Issues

bristi
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing an unusual issue concerning SSH connections to Cisco 9200L switches. We recently migrated from Cisco 2960 switches to Cisco 9200L models. When connecting from the same network using a Linux server, SSH to the switches works successfully. However, SSH connections from other networks are not successful.

The default gateway is correctly set, and SSH is enabled on the switches. Notably, we still have one Cisco 2960 switch that was not replaced, and we can SSH into it from other networks without any problems. The IP addresses of the switches are on the same subnet, and we can ping them from other networks, but SSH connections fail.

I have consulted with TAC support, and they have reviewed the configuration, indicating that it appears correct. I also provided them with packet captures but have not yet received further feedback. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue and could provide insights or suggestions?

Additionally, the SSH connection issue is intermittent from other networks, but consistently works when connecting from a server on the same subnet. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cisco 9200L version is - C9200L-24P-4X 17.14.01 CAT9K_LITE_IOSXE

16 Replies 16

Hello Paul

Yes, I attempted zeroizing SSH as well, but it did not make any difference

Richard Pidcock
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using the dedicated mgmt interface on the 9200L and do you have any access-lists applied to your vty lines?  If so have you specified use of the management vrf within your vty section.

i.e. 

line vty 0 4
 access-class "ACL-NAME" in vrfname Mgmt-vrf

Richard W. Pidcock
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card