cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 24 and 48 port POE

ddesai
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 9300 switch have POE ports, but I am not sure that 24 port switch have poe port not? any idea ?

Can we use any port at POE or 48 on cisco 9300 switch?

8 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @ddesai 

If you have a 24-port switch and you want to know if it supports PoE, look for a model that includes "P" in its name, indicating PoE support. For example, a model like C9300-24P will typically have PoE capabilities.

Regarding the use of any port for PoE, on switches with PoE support, not all ports may provide PoE. Typically, the PoE capability is limited to specific ports, often marked as PoE or PoE+. These ports are designed to provide power to connected devices such as IP phones, cameras, or access points.

If you have a 48-port switch, it's common for only a subset of those ports to support PoE. The specific ports providing PoE will depend on the switch model and its design

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-06-cat9300-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the update.

We will buy poe ports or in by default?

You're welcome @ddesai 

By default with the good/right model.

Best regards

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the models : (most case if the P in the model means PoE support - T mean only Ethernet)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-06-cat9300-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

ddesai
Level 1
Level 1

I have following model switch which port can i use for POE or is there additional do i need to buy ?

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image Mode
------ ----- ----- ---------- ---------- ----
* 1 41 C9300-24P 17.06.04 CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL

ddesai
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to install access port so need to know.

@ddesai 

C9300-24P,  24 ports POE 

Best regards

C9300-24P  - as i have stated P means PoE all the ports (except Uplink modules).

If you looking to Populate all the ports PoE - then you need to calculate the budget and buy PSU that can support enough power for all the ports

I have suggeted some URL that has information what PSU can support how many Devices. (take some time and read).

I take this as AP you trying to install on the ports, so what model of AP, depends on PoE requirement, use PSU,  Always suggest to have Dual PSU for redundancy.

BB

8 Replies 8

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @ddesai 

If you have a 24-port switch and you want to know if it supports PoE, look for a model that includes "P" in its name, indicating PoE support. For example, a model like C9300-24P will typically have PoE capabilities.

Regarding the use of any port for PoE, on switches with PoE support, not all ports may provide PoE. Typically, the PoE capability is limited to specific ports, often marked as PoE or PoE+. These ports are designed to provide power to connected devices such as IP phones, cameras, or access points.

If you have a 48-port switch, it's common for only a subset of those ports to support PoE. The specific ports providing PoE will depend on the switch model and its design

Best regards

Thanks for the update.

We will buy poe ports or in by default?

You're welcome @ddesai 

By default with the good/right model.

Best regards

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the models : (most case if the P in the model means PoE support - T mean only Ethernet)

BB

ddesai
Level 1
Level 1

I have following model switch which port can i use for POE or is there additional do i need to buy ?

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image Mode
------ ----- ----- ---------- ---------- ----
* 1 41 C9300-24P 17.06.04 CAT9K_IOSXE INSTALL

C9300-24P  - as i have stated P means PoE all the ports (except Uplink modules).

If you looking to Populate all the ports PoE - then you need to calculate the budget and buy PSU that can support enough power for all the ports

I have suggeted some URL that has information what PSU can support how many Devices. (take some time and read).

I take this as AP you trying to install on the ports, so what model of AP, depends on PoE requirement, use PSU,  Always suggest to have Dual PSU for redundancy.

BB

ddesai
Level 1
Level 1

@ddesai 

C9300-24P,  24 ports POE 

Best regards
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card