Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 Stack-power

A Cisco switch refresh was completed last year, each stack varies from a single switch to a stack of 6 using stack-wise. My concern is that we did not purchase or plug the "stack-power" cables into the switches. Still, when issuing "show stack-power detail" on the single switch and stacked switches, it returned information as "standalone" for the single switch and "ring" for some stacked switches and other stacks give the output of "standalone" for each member. I am unfamiliar with stack power, can I get some insight into this? Could this be a default config for stack-wise as power-sharing mode is a default setting? No explicit global-config commands for stack-power were issued during the cutover.

2 Replies 2

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @PatrickHarney4953 ,

With the Cisco StackPower solution, a common pool of power is made available, and additional power can automatically be redirected to the appropriate switch based on the available power budget in the common power pool.

In order to make use of this feature, you need the stack-power cables connected to the switches in the stack.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can also configure a switch connected in a power stack to not participate in the power stack by setting the switch to standalone power mode using the command below. This mode shuts down both Cisco StackPower ports.

Look at some good explanation :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/white-paper-c11-741945.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card