Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9407 switching question

rshiva62
Level 1
Level 1

All,

We recently purchased a Cisco 9407 switch with two supervisor modules and four Ethernet line cards. I am currently configuring the switch in our test site. The switch will then be taken to the production site. My question is since I configure all the interfaces and VLANs, do these Ethernet line cards need to be in the same slot once they are at site? OR Can they be put in any slot and the configs are stored elsewhere?

1 Reply 1

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes, they should be in same slot but you can mix same type of line cards. Each slot represents a number in interface numbering. On a high level, slot 1 interfaces will be from interface gi1/0-48. So lets say you are configuring  a 1000-Base-T line cards which is currently installed in slot 1,2 and remaining slots are empty. If you move your line-cards to slot 3 and 4 then you will not get the same configuration. So from configuration perspective, interface gi 3/0-48 and interfaces gi 4/0-48 will have blank configuration since you only configure the interfaces gi1/0-48 and 2/0-48.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card