cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9500-16X-E not completing booting to enable mode

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

My brand new out of the box Cisco 9500-16X-E does not boot past "system configuration dialogue stage" as shown in the attached image, when it reach this stage, the booting would just hang  and pressing enter or any key does not work. I can neither press "yes" nor "no" at the CLI as it just hang there. I've rebooted it severally, same issue.

Kindly assist me please.

8 Replies 8

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

I can neither press "yes" nor "no" at the CLI as it just hang there. I've rebooted it severally, same issue

The console settings is incorrect.

Thanks for your response. Please, which console settings are you referring to? is it on the putty app or where?

Hello,

which of the console ports are you using, the USB mini-Type B console connection, or the RJ-45 console port ? Either way, try both.

- Check console cable (on connectors) - make sure both ends have a solid  connection. Also use other console infrastructure as a sanity test.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

try below :

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

maybe just click inside the console window with your mouse then try and type:

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

pappyjjboi1
Level 1
Level 1

I will try all the recommended solution tomorrow when i get to the client site as we don't work today being Sunday here. I will give update tomorrow. 

I thank everyone for various swift responses. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card