cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9606R can't talk with Dell S3148P via Fiber connection

tbryant97
Level 1
Level 1

I am apparently unable to get any type of link between a Cisco 9606R C9600-LC-48YL fiber module and a Dell S3148P switch.

Dell S3148P Port Config:

!
interface TenGigabitEthernet 2/49
no ip address
portmode hybrid
switchport
switchport mode private-vlan trunk
no shutdown

Cisco 9600 Port Config:

!
interface TwentyFiveGigE6/0/15
switchport access vlan 12
switchport trunk allowed vlan 12
end

I have verified that both switches have their respective SFP+ modules by running a loop on each switch. The type of transceiver being used on each end is SFP+ 10GBase SR. Is there something that I may be missing? I should at least be getting a link light of some sort.

Dell S3148P Transceiver Tx/Rx Power:

tbryant97_0-1672324909619.png

Cisco 9600 Tranciever Tx/Rx Power:

tbryant97_1-1672324974859.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you are using multi-mode SFPs, make sure your fiber is also muli-mode. If the physical link does not come up and you have the right transceivers and cable, try swapping the strands on one side of the connection and test again.

HTH 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you are using multi-mode SFPs, make sure your fiber is also muli-mode. If the physical link does not come up and you have the right transceivers and cable, try swapping the strands on one side of the connection and test again.

HTH 

Thank you Reza, if only I knew it was that simple. You have saved me a lot of headaches, after swapping the strands of one of my fiber cables the switches are now showing a link light.

Thankyou so much!

You are welcome!

No worries. Sometimes, it is the simple things we miss, but it happens to all of us.

Good luck with your project

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card