cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco and Netgear Router

Andy Guley
Level 1
Level 1

I got tasked with having to connect a netgear router into my network.  The only way I can get the router to talk to my router is putting them on the same subnet.

Here is what my setup is like:

Cisco 29111 Router         Trunk Port              Cisco 3560             Access Port                         Netgear Router                            

10.110.141.254  /24                                        10.110.141.253   /24                                       192.168.23.1  /24                           

I created a vlan for the 3560 (vlan 333) for the Netgear Router to plugin.  The only way I was able to talk to the Netgear router was to put a subinterface on my 2911 of 192.168.23.254.  The third party has multiple networks in 192.168.X.X subnets.  All /24 masks

Once I take this interface down I can't talk to the 192.168.23.1 router.  Would it cause issues having both routers on the same subnet?  I am using static routes on my side to route everything I need to the 192.168.23.1 router.  The third party is also doing the same with static routes to get to my network.

I do not have administrative access to the Netgear and have never worked with them.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kelvin Willacey
Level 4
Level 4

You need that interface in order to route traffic to the destinations behind the netgear router so what you are doing is correct.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kelvin Willacey
Level 4
Level 4

You need that interface in order to route traffic to the destinations behind the netgear router so what you are doing is correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card