Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco BGP Routes Not Appearing

Hello Experts,

Can someone please tell me why the route that I  have added to the BGP routing process won't appear in BGP when I issue  the show ip bgp command.

Please see attached logs...

Cheers

Carlton

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

hi,

im using a Mac so i couldnt see ur zip file, but in general, for a route to appear in bgp process, you should have it in ur routing table (dynamic or static). BGP is rather an application than a routing protocol which greately relys on IGP Routing protocols to operate.

Again, if the following conditions are not met, bgp wont operate correctly, so check if ur config is correct:

** BGP will not put routes that it cannot verify reachability for in the main IP routing table.

** For routers to successfully use BGP routes, they must always have a route to the next-hop IP address in the main IP routing table, (IGP Dependency).

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JohnTylerPearce
Level 7
Level 7

Under your BGP configuration, I saw the following.

network 5.1.104.0 mask 255.255.248.0

Are you running a dynamic routing protocol? And if so, is the 5.1.104.0 network in your routing table?

I don't see a dynamic routing protocol configured in your configuration, so for you to advertise 5.1.104.0,

you will need to have a route for that in your routing table.

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

hi,

im using a Mac so i couldnt see ur zip file, but in general, for a route to appear in bgp process, you should have it in ur routing table (dynamic or static). BGP is rather an application than a routing protocol which greately relys on IGP Routing protocols to operate.

Again, if the following conditions are not met, bgp wont operate correctly, so check if ur config is correct:

** BGP will not put routes that it cannot verify reachability for in the main IP routing table.

** For routers to successfully use BGP routes, they must always have a route to the next-hop IP address in the main IP routing table, (IGP Dependency).

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card