cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO C819G-4G-G-K9 + Wi-Fi

93764444r
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first experience with Cisco and is not very beautiful. Never had I experienced a so great difficulty to communicate with somebody like with Cisco. I used the numbers for Italy, they told me always to contact a certified reseller with my question: nobody was able to do this. I filled a form with a promise at the end that I would be contacted from a Cisco representative: never!

I have a simple question.

I want to buy the CISCO C819G-4G-G-K9 M2M Router. Studying the characteristics as I always do, I discovered (incredible for me!) that so a sophisticated and expensive router has not the WLAN. Nevertheless, to have the Wi-Fi connection is essential for me.

Question: which is the instrument or machine of Cisco that I must use to connect to the CISCO C819G-4G-G-K9 M2M Router and to have the WLAN 2.4/5 GHz? Will this be possible?

Thank you and I make an apology being so small to disturb a so big giant!

God have mercy!

Roberto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1600E uses dual-band antennas.  The part numbers can be found here (Table 5).

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Let's go back for a second ... What exactly are you trying to do.

The 819 "4G" was designed primarily to sit INSIDE an ATM machine.  It's got a 4G modem to communicate and send transactions back and forth, but it doesn't have any wi-fi. 

If you want the 819 with Wi-Fi it's the "3G" model.

Thank you! This time the answer was very rapid.

I do not need a 3G, but a 4G/LTE (with SIM card) modem-+router+Wi-Fi.

Actually, for the 4G/LTE (that in Italy uses 800/1800/2600 KHz bands) I use a little USB modem connected to an always very little router with Wi-Fi.

I need to have something more serious, reliable, unique (not two or three machines) and lasting: modem with SIM + router + Wi-Fi.

I did not know that the C819G-4G-G-K9 was designed for an ATM machine.

Please, give me a suggestion. Thank you!!!

Roberto 

I did not know that the C819G-4G-G-K9 was designed for an ATM machine.

Some will dispute what I said, but this is the main reason why there's no Wi-Fi for this model.  An ATM "shell" is made of thick metal.  No way you can get wi-fi to work if the router is inside this.

If you want Wi-Fi, I'm afraid your solution would be to get an AP separately.

Which AP connected to the C819G-4G-G-K9 could be good? The Cisco Small Business WAP4410N could be good, compatible?

Thanks a lot again! Roberto

I am no expert on the WAP4410N.

I know more about the Aironet wireless AP portfolio.

Dear Leo,

I had today a look on the Aironet series: 600, 1600, 2600, 3600. This last it seems to be excellent. What would you choose to connect the AP with an Ethernet cable to the 4G router and have the Wi-Fi service in the printing house?

Thank you again. I hope this will be the last time I disturb you.

Roberto

I had today a look on the Aironet series: 600, 1600, 2600, 3600.

You missed the soon-to-be-announced 700.

Now the 1600, 2600, 3500 and 3600 can operate without a wireless LAN controller (WLC).  This is known as "autonomous" access point.  It's as simple as loading the correct IOS and you're ready to go.

Still unknown about the 700 can support autonomous IOS but according to the data sheet, it will.

The 700 is probably going to be priced very low (2 x 2 MIMO and no CleanAir).

All the models I've mentioned are covered under "Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty".

I am not going to recommend what you should get because you are the one who knows what you need.  I can help you narrow down the selection if you provide some more information about what you need to do with your wireless. 

Dear Leo,
You are a very kind person! Thank you for your help!
I decided to buy the AIR-CAP1602E-E-K9
The question is on the compatibility with the C819G-4G-G-K9 M2M Router.
Have a nice Sunday!
Roberto

I decided to buy the AIR-CAP1602E-E-K9

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

1.  What country will the AP be deployed?  Yes, this is relevant.

2.  What antennas did you order?  Yes, this too is relevant.

I live in Italy.

And the AP will be the first in this page:

http://www.urano-shop.de/Shop/DE/Product/List/2165/-/AIR-CAP1602E-E-K9/-/-/1/0/2/0/-1/-1/-/True

But on this page, there are much more possibilities to choose the right one for the antennas:

http://www.senetic.it/cisco/cisco_wireless_lan/1600_series_access_points/

Thank you!

Roberto

1600E uses dual-band antennas.  The part numbers can be found here (Table 5).

Thanks for the ratings.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card