Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a  WS-C3560G-24TS-S running  12.2(50)SE5 with IPBASE. I have been told that the functionality i seek (multicasting) is only available in the IPSERVICES version of the software. I was reading up on upgrading and saw that i needed to do a show l...

P Y by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings. Something seemingly so simple is not working. A router and a Nexus are not seeing each other via CDP. I have a 2921 router connected to a Nexus 7000. Everything works fine, except for some mysterious reason CDP does not establish. Yes, it ...

m.glosson by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hey.i am trying to monitor some UPS equipmeant,for that i am using a cisco 2960 switch and when the UPS is down it sends a L1 loop.when the switch detects the loop the int in which the UPS is conected to will get a link and go up.now my problem is th...

In my scenario, I have a layer 3 switch acting as my core/root bridge/vtp server for around 30 vlans. On it I've defined the gateway of last resort to be the lan IP address of my internet firewall. I've brought in a new internet connection and new fi...

Good MorningI consider my question relatively basic, but I could not find in Internet a definitive and trusty answear.In an environment containing a switch with an access-port (not trunk) and a device X connected to this port, even in access mode, we...

Hello, we have a chassis 6509 with this inventory:------------------ show module ------------------Mod Ports Card Type                                              Model              ---    -----    --------------------------------------             ...

rpastrana by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Team,I´ve migrated a Cisco WLC connection from a 6509 to a Nexus FEX 2248. The connection is a 2x1 GBE copper Channel. After Migration the WLC still works fine, however I see sometimes LLDP messages on the Nexus as follows:%LLDP-FEX103-3-DETECT...

alf by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!i have two cisco 3750 in stackfirts, master switch have all swports busysecond have only 5how can i see cpu utilizations of the second switch, and its reasonable to move somme devices from first switch to second fordeacreases of cpu and memory uti...

euandrian by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, This question seems stupid but pls guide me. When we are selecting 4500 switch (for example) as per customer needs, its 10 GE cards dont come with sfp adapters ( as told by my colleague). I want to know is it mentioned in any particular docum...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Can anyone help me and verify my configuration?My customer has the following topology. They have thousands of remote sites like this. all have 1 adsl and mpls router, they are running hsrp, mpls is the primary. DHCP servers in the head quaters, 1 ...

evfodor by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Community,I recently had some CPU util problems on my 3750-X. The root cause were too many open TCP sessions, which brought the average CPU utilization to 85%. After some research I found a post in the CSC about the IOS 15.0(1). It said, that high...

hiSwitch A connects to Swich B and C using port channel. I am going to bring down one link on each. switch A is server farm , switch B and C are core 01 and 02 . and all are 3750 switches.1. what will be the impact on the network in terms of spanning...

TGF_Cisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card