Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C891F-K9 - Purchasing Off Ebay - License/Warranty Transfer

Hi All,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Cisco C891F-K9 router for test purposes, as there's a fair few on Ebay.

Does anyone know if their will be any issues with licenses or warranty transfers with these units? With it being Ebay, the original owner may not be obtainable so I don't know where this would leave me in terms of transfer of ownership (if this even exists with Cisco as it does with the likes of Dell etc.).

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you mentioned for testing, you can buy and test it as long as it has the right software in it.

You may not able to get new upgrades if this device not registered with cisco a warranty as per my understanding.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply Balaji.

If I were to sell it on in the future, to someone who would use for business purposes rather than testing, would this cause issues?

Is the warranty transferable? Also is it for the lifetime of the product?

Thanks

Hi
There EOL see the link below ,so there is literally no warranty no support anymore , your on your own if you buy it and it breaks

There is some smaller 3rd party companies may support it for you if they have back stock but HW only no SW support

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/eos-eol-notice-c51-731104.html

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Depends on the e-bay seller.
Cisco does not support non-authorized sellers.
This means the warranty isn't worth anything from non-authorized Cisco resellers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card