cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C9300-24T switch with C9300-NM-4G network module

Gkurup
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get a 100Mbps fibre port for SMF(Single mode fibre) from the above switch using a GLC-FE-100EX SFP.
But the switch is detecting SFP as 1000 Mpbs . Is it possible to change the speed to 100 Mpbs while using this SFP, I couldn't find a way to change the speed under interface config after installing this SFP ?
Is there another SFP which can give us a 100 Mpbs fibre connection from this switch ? I tried checking https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/ for any compatible 100 Mbps SFP for SMF but , it doesn't show any for this switch and network module. 

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the switch on?

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.06.05

It could be a cosmetic bug.  The optic will only negotiate to 100 Mbps.

But looks like it is not. We have Moxa switch at the other end with a 100Mbps SMF (Single mode fibre) port. The connection is not coming up because of the speed mismatch.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C9300-NM-4G is Gig only (fixed). I don't believe you can put a 100Mb SFP in the module.

HTH

Is there any other network module with C9300 switch which supports 100Mbps SMF ?

I don't think so, as these network modules are designed to be uplinked to other switches, and they are mainly 1Gig or 10gig.

HTH

Get a 3rd party GLC-FE-100EX from FS[.]com and it will work.

Make sure to tell them to flash the optic to Cisco.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card