Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 3120 Blade Switch for HP - SSH issue

Sagar Purohit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a c7000 HP blade enclosure with 8 cisco 3120 blade switches stacked running IOS ver 12.2(58)SE1.

Recently I encountered a problem when all my ssh sessions got utilized and I was unable to login so I tried to clear the session by taking console connection. During this time traffic was no affected.

I used "Clear Line" command but negative result.

Then I also tried using "clear tcp line 2" & "clear tcp tcb 637E1AC0" which I found on the below link. But still the result was negative. Finally I opened a case with HP as contract is with HP and they asked to reboot it but were unable to provide the root cause and all logs were gone.

http://aaaa.acostasite.com/2013/01/cisco-clear-line-does-not-work.html

I want to investigate further so I can have the root cause. Can one is aware or ever had any exp with this of this kind of issue.

Wating for you inputs.

Thanks,

Sagar

2 Replies 2

zaxanoid
Level 1
Level 1

We have this problem too. We have 2 enclosures with 16 blades, and 8 3120x in total, all joined.

We couldn't get the SSH sessions to clear, telnet is blocked by access list. We have been waiting until after a change freeze to look at this further, but now we find that the console ports do not respond either. Traffic is still passing correctly.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I have faced this issue with many enclosures so far and the only option left here is, you need to reboot the enclosure.

This is an issue with the IOS code and you have to open a case with HP to get the appropriate IOS ver. Probably 15.0 code has this issue resolved and I haven't seen this issue further after the Upgrade.

Thanks,

Sagar

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card