ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 3750-x modules

Hi,

Good day.

Hope someone can help me on this matter.

As I understand Cisco Catalyst 3750-x supports stackwise and stackpower technology.

Question:

Do I need to purchase a seperate module to enable stackwise and stackpower?

Or are stackwise and stackpower modules included be default on the switch already ?

Thanks.

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul,

The PoE+ and non-PoE switch models are available with the LAN Base, IP Base and IP Services feature set. The GE SFP switch models are available with either IP Base or IP Services feature set.

You need to buy the stack cable seperately only for below modules

WS-C3750X-24T-L

WS-C3750X-48T-L

WS-C3750X-24P-L

WS-C3750X-48P-L

WS-C3750X-48PF-L

Stack Power - Yes in Software release 15.0(2)SE and later (Stackpower cables purchased separately)

Refer:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733_ps10744_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Regards,

Aru

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

When you purchase a 3750X switch, the stacking power and the stackwise cable are both included in the box.  You also get a power cord in the box with bunch of screws and 2 rack mount ears for racking them. No need to buy anything else.

HTH

So as I understand, the stackwise module and stackpower module are included by default regardless of the 3750-X swicth I purchase?

Tried looking at the datasheet only the stackwise cable and stackpower cable are avaialble for add on...No mention of stackwise or stackpower modules...

Sorry for the ingnorance, first time I will be recommending a 3750-X, really not familiar with the options...checked also the hardware manual,

no mention of stackwise module or stackpower module as an add on...its integrated or bundled by default...only cable configurations are shown and optional SFP modules for the front.

Hope you can clarrify..

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

The PoE+ and non-PoE switch models are available with the LAN Base, IP Base and IP Services feature set. The GE SFP switch models are available with either IP Base or IP Services feature set.

You need to buy the stack cable seperately only for below modules

WS-C3750X-24T-L

WS-C3750X-48T-L

WS-C3750X-24P-L

WS-C3750X-48P-L

WS-C3750X-48PF-L

Stack Power - Yes in Software release 15.0(2)SE and later (Stackpower cables purchased separately)

Refer:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733_ps10744_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Regards,

Aru

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

dsolangon
Level 1
Level 1

That is included

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card