cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 9200L Factory Reset

gpavledes
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to factory reset the Catalyst 9200L switch back to the zero day setup? I am completely locked out and need to start over. Thank you.

8 Replies 8

Thank you for the suggestion, however I was not able to get this to work:  "Once the System LED starts to flash, press the Mode button 3 times in quick succession." Would there be any other suggestions please?

Hello

console cable
terminal emulation software (putty)
attach console cable to switch console port,

1. power on switch
    keep pressing grey button until you have bypassed the bootloader
    switch:

2. type the following:
    switch:SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1
    switch:boot flash:packages.conf
    switch:boot

switch will boot up:

3. switch::enable
    switch#:wr mem
    reload
    power cycle switch

4. power on switch again
    keep pressing grey button until you have bypassed the bootloader, then type the following:
    switch:SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=0
    switch:boot flash:packages.conf
    switch:boot

done

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul. I noticed you mentioned to press the grey button initially until you bypass the boot loader. Considering 9200s have a different from other models in terms of resetting to factory, will pressing and holding this button work on the 9200s?

hi to all, in the second step, before SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1, we need to use step, like this:

step SWITCH_IGNORE_STARTUP_CFG=1

thank you so much! This was the only solution that worked for me after trying many others.

gabcg2002
Level 1
Level 1

You could try to get in the ROMmon mode by holding the Mode button (idk how long, just hold it long enough)

And from there you could delete the running.configuration file from the flash:

delete flash:running.config ? I am not sure about the exact command anymore

then you can boot again with the "boot" command and login again to your switch.

From there you can factory reset your Switch if you want

gpavledes
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for all the suggestions. I was able to use a usb2 cable and get in through Putty. From there I was able to complete the factory reset.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card