Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 9300L 48T

Dan1928
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I trying to test the 48 1G ports on this switch at the same time. I have an Exfo Tester in Port 1 and Port 48 and all other Ports patched through. Is it possible to pass traffic through the switch like this? (BERT testing)

I normally would load a test script to do this but don't have one for switches, is there one, is it needed? I normally work on Routers but have now been given switches to test before going out in the field. Switch being standalone into a laptop to configure.

Any help appreciated.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what are you expecting the outcome of this test ?

is all the ports working ? or all the ports are getting right throughputs ?

Generally cisco does most of the test before they send out - not that you need to test again each port.

There is option you can host iperf in the container and use laptop as client to test it. (if that works).

Some of the BERT Test prove the cabling is ok, the ports.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your response.

Annoyingly i have to prove that all ports are working and can pass traffic as part of a SAT (Test). I have obviously discovered that it don't matter what port my other tester is in as it will find it without any configuration being done. All ports are in Vlan 1 so it will find my other tester.

I also have the same issue with the 4x 10G ports, I'm expected to run a 10G test through the SFP's. Not an issue through Routers but with a switch, that's not working either without me doing some configuration that I'm not aware of....!

Simple test you have 2 Laptops connected in the Switch - One act Iperf Server and other one Act as iperf client to test all ports.

regarding 10GB port - i am afraid that any of the end device have 10G interface cards on the Laptop (until a workstation or high end)

BB

I have to use EXFO Netblazer to do the testing, this will do 1G &10G tests. Can only use these as it generates the reports. 

if that is your policy check the product documentation of that product how you can do the testing.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card