Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CBS350 SNMP issue

ivanjaram007
Level 1
Level 1
Hi all,
I have issues setting up SNMP v2c on CBS350. I've been following instructions from Cisco official site (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/CLI/cbs-350-cli-/snmp-commands.html), but I can't set it up for the collector to see it.
Reading the instructions I did not see that an ACL allowing SNMP collector IP is necessary like when setting up SNMP on Cisco Catalyst series (which work flawlessly with the same collector, added quite a few to the collector).
Am I misssing something or are instructions in some way misleading?
Thanks in advance,
Ivan
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the firmware running on Switch for now ;

check the config guide simple process not complicated (since you mentioned you did catalyst switches its same as it is)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt-2777-configure-simple-network-management-protocol-snmp-communities-cbs.html

Note: before you do any ACL kinda, just make a simple config and run snmpwalk from your NMS is that works ?

also, the MIB download required more features to work for CBS.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What CLI command did you try ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,

snmp-server community XXXXXXXX ro YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY

snmp-server source-interface traps vlan XXX

snmp-server host YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY 2c XXXXXXX

- Verify if your settings can work by for instance adding or replacing  YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY  by a simple linux host address  (snmp client) and try an snmpget (example , with v2c) to the CBS350 ,also check the (snmp related) logs on your snmp manager when it is trying to query the CBS, which applies to the CBS itself too for both cases , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the firmware running on Switch for now ;

check the config guide simple process not complicated (since you mentioned you did catalyst switches its same as it is)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt-2777-configure-simple-network-management-protocol-snmp-communities-cbs.html

Note: before you do any ACL kinda, just make a simple config and run snmpwalk from your NMS is that works ?

also, the MIB download required more features to work for CBS.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card