Helpful
Replies

Cisco Certifications - CCNP

Ron Timbang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Goo day!

Need your advise.  I'm planning to take CCNP early next year or hopefully this year . For example I pass Route then Cisco roll out a new version & I'm still not finished with remaining two(Switch, Tshoot). Would Route be credited or I need to retake new version? For those who have take old CCNP , have you experienced this situation? Do you have ideas when Cisco revise their exams? 

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I think it is better to take the exam and you can check the new topics, if any added, later on. And normally changes doesnt happen that often. I assume that a person appearing for CCNP exam would not be new to Cisco world so technically 6 months at max should be enough for taking calsses and practise and clearing the exam.

View solution in original post

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I took the old BCMSN, which is basically the Route exam.  It carried over and all I needed to take was the Switch and TShoot.

Not sure if this is what you need or not

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/ccnp_exam_combo_tool.html

This is the info from the link above:

In accordance with our policy, we will  continue to accept passing scores on retired exams until  their  expiration date—three years from the date the exam was taken.

Use this tool to  identify the combination of exams required to complete your CCNP  certification.  Place a check mark next to all of the exams for which  you have valid passing scores and you will see a list of exams still  required to complete your CCNP certification.

Exams

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ron Timbang
Level 1
Level 1

Is it better to take the exam or wait for the new version?

Thanks!

I think it is better to take the exam and you can check the new topics, if any added, later on. And normally changes doesnt happen that often. I assume that a person appearing for CCNP exam would not be new to Cisco world so technically 6 months at max should be enough for taking calsses and practise and clearing the exam.

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

I took the old BCMSN, which is basically the Route exam.  It carried over and all I needed to take was the Switch and TShoot.

Not sure if this is what you need or not

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/ccnp_exam_combo_tool.html

This is the info from the link above:

In accordance with our policy, we will  continue to accept passing scores on retired exams until  their  expiration date—three years from the date the exam was taken.

Use this tool to  identify the combination of exams required to complete your CCNP  certification.  Place a check mark next to all of the exams for which  you have valid passing scores and you will see a list of exams still  required to complete your CCNP certification.

Exams

Hi Rick,

As I remembered ......

ROUTE=BSCI
SWITCH=BCMSN

TSHOOT=ISCW/ONT

That is correct.

James Robort
Level 1
Level 1

I highly recommend you to try the Testschamp exam material for your Cisco 300-206 exam. As, these are updated and prepared by experts. There is always a scope for some additions in the study material for 300-206 exam,  as new developments take place in the technology. Thus, Justcerts provides  you with the facility to connect to our online learning center for 300-206.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card