Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco console not working

lkomarci
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem connecting to any Cisco device connected via console (RJ45->USB) to my computer. I've installed the cisco usb console drivers but to no avail so I can't putty into it.

According to the device manager the devices use COM4 USB serial port. Even if I go to update the driver from the list of drivers I can't as I get the error "A service installation section in this INF is invalid."

Capture.JPG

Any ideas? I already tried reinstalling the driver but nothing helps.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Paul,

that didn't help either. Maybe it's a Win10 issue I really can't tell.

Anyway I got it to work without the Cisco drivers as I couldn't use them for the COM port. I simply ran Driver Booster when the switch was connected to my PC and it updated the drivers for my serial port and voila, it works now.

In any case thanks Paul

cheers,

L

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

Remove the software, remove the usb cable.

Re-Install the drivers again with admin privileges ( dont have the usb cable connected) , once drivers are install reconnect usb.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

that didn't help either. Maybe it's a Win10 issue I really can't tell.

Anyway I got it to work without the Cisco drivers as I couldn't use them for the COM port. I simply ran Driver Booster when the switch was connected to my PC and it updated the drivers for my serial port and voila, it works now.

In any case thanks Paul

cheers,

L

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card