cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNA loss of confidence in PnP one in four success

desmond.cassidy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have two Cisco ready to claim. Both are failing the claim process. How much time should I give it before I visit the devices and configure locally.

1 hour

1 day

1 week

How much time, effort is required to master Cisco DNA. Is it a daily routine we only monitor 500 cisco devices. More time is needed on utilising Cisco DNA then maintaining and monitoring the network. Its 12 months since I onboarded a device which was then returning a success rate of one in four. Today alas no joy so a visit is required.

5 Replies 5

Torbjørn
Spotlight
Spotlight

One in four success rate is very low. We should be able to improve on that.

What kinds of issues are you running into that causes them to fail? Could you post templates and error-messages?

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev

Apologies for delayed response 

Torbjørn
PREVIEW

pieterh
VIP
VIP

I understand the switches to be claimed are in a remote location ?
and you intend to use network-PnP?

1) there need to be a lot of ports opened between the two for successful use of  PnP!
    not only from DNA center to switch, but also from switch to DNA center
    -> read the deployment guide

2) you can  open the details of the failed device and look for hints why the claim failed

3) also check your firewalls and access-lists between DNA center and the remote locations
    searching the logs for denied traffic can help with this and using a syslog server is also advantageous 

desmond.cassidy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi apologies for late reply. Yes one in four is deplorable to claim a switch. The switch involved have a clear path from source to DNA.

The claim times out, the troubleshooting is non existent.  

The switch is 200 metres away from me. Took the decision to visit the switch and cut and paste config.

Its a shame the unique selling  point of Cisco DNA Pnp is to onboard a switch.

We have to improve on this.

Could you post the output from "show pnp summary" and "show pnp profile" the next time pnp fails?

EDIT: Not sure if the website makes the formatting weird on my phone, but I am not able to see the contents of your code block.

Happy to help! Please mark as helpful/solution if applicable.
Get in touch: https://torbjorn.dev
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card