Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IE3300 - Switches Connection in 200KM

Hello,

I was told to propose a architecture in which Cisco 9500 switches to be used as a Core Switches in HA(SVL) and IE3400 switches will be used as a Distribution switches and they will for a Ring with REP Protocol. The distance between the IE3400 switches is almost 200KM and I believe that It can be done by Installing the Fiber Repeater at intermediate locations. What is the possible to do that, whether it is feasible or not at all feasible. Below are some of the queries coming in to my mind : 

• Can Normal GLC-LH-SMD= SFP will work.
  • What may be the specification of Fiber Cable, SM mode or any other.
  • Want to know the Specs of the Repeater used to perform this.

Himanshu_Dwivedi_0-1712728919180.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It is certainly possible but for a distance of 200 KM, you probably want to talk to a local service provider who is onnet in both locations and can hand off a pair of single-mode fiber in each location to connect to your switches. 

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It is certainly possible but for a distance of 200 KM, you probably want to talk to a local service provider who is onnet in both locations and can hand off a pair of single-mode fiber in each location to connect to your switches. 

HTH

Thanks for your response. Just want to know whether normal SFP will work in this case.

You would use long-haul SFPs. So, as long as your switches support GLC-LH-SMD, you are good. Also, depending on the provider, sometimes the handoff is not LC. So, you would have to convert it or talk to your provider to convert it for you.

HTH

MJ666
Level 1
Level 1

hi @Reza Sharifi, Im now configuring my IE3300-8T2X industrial Switch.

I am not able to find the "radius server" command and enable it on the switch.

How can I proceed ?

Best  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card