cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Juniper vlan problem

tanner.zaitt
Level 3
Level 3

Hello I am in trouble with Juniper and Cisco switches.

The link from Juniper to Cisco is uplink  and the link from Cisco to Juniper is downlink.

The problem is that, from Juniper I give to Cisco Vlan 900.
The Cisco receive vlan 900 but it's work few minutes and stop to work.

I delete vlan 900 from juniper and create it and everything is fine for 10 minutes for example.

In Juniper side I don't see errors, in Cisco side I see something strange, different vlan from cisco try to comuniacte over this port but we don't give this vlan from Juniper to Cisco, but cisco is wait it and block our vlan 900?

Now we try to solve the problem with this with adding new Cisco switch  between juniper and Cisco  switch and for now everything is fine.

Note, we use vlans 900 901 902 and 904 between Cisco and Juniper!
Only vlan 900 is stop to work!

7 Replies 7

Hello

What kind of port are you connecting the juniper and cisco switch with? (fastethernet/gigabitethernet - access/trunk )

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the communityā€™s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

The port is trunk with allowed VLANs 900,901,902,904 in juniper side, in Cisco side is the same. I only see different vlan from Cisco side try something. And I can't understand what is wrong, I don't have access to Cisco Switch because is not under our management, I think something with Cisco is wrong. But this different vlan is vlan that exists and in our juniper equipment and I can't determine in 100% where is the problem.

Hello!

This is strange, can you tell me if this vlan (900) is used as native in the trunk?

Best Regards,

Tomorrow I will check, thank you .

No, there is no native vlan in port.
It's not this.

Hi!

Are you use the vlan 900 is not used somewhere else?

Could you post full configuration of Cisco switch? 

/Mohammed

No I can't post configuration and I don't have access to this switch, it's not under our managment.

These vlans are using only from customers, because their router is in our telecomunication room and we distribute their vlans over our L2 network to their locations in the building.

The problem is solved for now, we put one cisco switch between our equipment and their equipment, and everything is fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card