Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant: Can connect to SW but CANT add to a community

jamesjgaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im running Cisco Network Assistant v 6.2 on a win7 machine,  i have no issues using it and configuring my 3 x switches *individually*.  However when i try to add these 3 x switches to a "community" (so that i can see more than 1 switch at a time) i always get Connection Failed.  (ive also tried the Discover: "Devices on a subnet" and "Devices in an IP range",  along with what id like to use: " a single device by an IP address"  all will find the switches but say Connection Failed.  (some times it will ask me for "multiple Devices user/pass" to which i will enter my admin / pass (the same one im using to manage a single switch with CNA,  and the same user/pass i use to login to these switches via HTTP in a web browser

I do have HTTP access from this machine to all 3 x switches (and can log in,  see screen shots attached)

I can fully use all aspects of CNA when i choose (menu) Application -> connect and enter a single switches IP , and then the admin / pass for that switch. (see screen shots attached pls)

my 3 x switches are each on a separate subnet,  ie Switch 1,  192.168.142.2 ,  Switch 2:  192.168.143.3,  Switch 3, 192.168.144.2.

See my attached image for  screen shots of the connect failed message (it does ask my for a user/pass *sometimes* and im using the same admin/pass that i use to successfully manage the switch via (menu) Application -> connect  and connect via HTTP in a web browser to the switch)

Thank you!

Thanks

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card