Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Layer 4 uses psuedo header to calcualte the checksum and layer 3 uses all the values in IP header to calcualte the checksum value. But at Layer 2 ,CRC is calculated from ethernet header and payload.From layer 2 point of view payload is made up from l...

arun by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, folks. Looking at a L3 switch that has the following config: access-list 100 permit ip host 10.10.10.5 any access-list 100 permit ip host 10.10.10.8 any access-list 100 permit ip host 10.10.10.45 any access-list 100 permit ip host 172.16.5.65 a...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! standard 802.1aq

Hi everyone, Why do you think, 802.1aq is not supported in Cisco switches?  Do you know if Cisco has a protocol with the same caracteristics to 802.1aq. I'd be greatful if you could give some information about 802.1q standard. Thanks!!!

Hello, Today I had to change a stack of  2x 3750 switches by a stack of 2x 3750X. then linked the whole phones as they were linked to the first stack. I copied the exact same run configuration from the first stack and add it the new stack. When the n...

Marc_AMI1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I'm not new to Cisco and but I've got this shiny new 4506 chassis with a Supervisor 8E and single (for now) 48port UPoE line card.The config I have set up seems to be working, but some of the items we plug in for PoE don't seem to come up. (Th...

Having used Cisco Network assistant to upgrade some of my switches to the newest revision (15.0(2) SE9), although the switch is on-line and I can access via telnet, all of the HTML pages are inaccessible and it shows as off-line in Cisco Network assi...

DLuckman by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a 7004 running 6.2(14).  Servers, both data and VoIP are easy to get setup.  Was looking for example of how configure a FEX port to support an IP phone. We have multiple 2960 edge switches with all the QOS stuff.  Wonder if there is anything...

Hello, I just wanted to know when the Aging Time for a respective MAC address should be updated by the switch. There is a N5K switch that reset/update the Aging Time for a MAC every 30 seconds or so. Is this normal? I guess no.

luguille by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dears  i have a customer that wants to activate FCoE on Nex 7700 on a F3 module(N7K-F348XP-25) but am confused with licensing what licensing needed to enable FCoE on the card do i need (Advanced Services Package(N7K-ADV1K9)) to activate the storage ...