cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco packet tracer help !!!

baothach722002
Level 1
Level 1

I want to construct a network for a company with two branches which each is located in different cities, so how can I connect them in PCT. Can you guys help me ?

P/s: I have one head office and two other branches are in two different cities, so how I connect them and using what in PCT

35 Replies 35

Hello,

post the zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

This is the file

Hello,

this is an empty network with nothing configured at all (no IP addressing). What instructions are you following ? I assume the DHCP server is supposed to service all subnets ?. 

You have several client subnets, these need to be put in Vlans, and the inter-Vlan routing needs to be done on the routers. Which Vlans are you  supposed to use, or is that random ? Also, for the routing, do you need static routes, or a dynamic routing protocol ?

Sorry, I'm just a student and I'm studying.

This is my instructions:

Design and build a computer network system for a company with 2 branches in 2 different provinces.

- Draw Logical topology and physical topology

- Implement network design according to the requirements of each topic (Use GNS3 software or Cisco Packet Tracer to draw network diagrams). Refer to network design documents).

- Describe the range, number of computers and equipment to use.

- Use subnet and VLSM techniques to divide the subnets into the network system to make the most IP savings.

- In the system must install and fully configure DHCP, DNS Server, Web Server and FTP server services, Mail server in the network system.

- On dns server named domain name suitable for each topic: KhuC.tdtu.edu.vn

- On web server create a simple website using HTML, the clients in the network must connect to the domain name and Web server created. On mail server create a domain name, for example, nhaD.com, and create 2 users, for example, user1@nhaD.com and user2@nhaD.com. Requires two users to send emails back and forth.

- Clients can use FTP service to download/upload files from/to server.

Students choose their own IP Class (Class A or B or C) suitable to build IP address allocation (IP planning) for their network, need to ensure IP space savings (using VLSM) but still ensure network expansion later.

Hello,

that makes it a lot clearer, thanks ! I'll see what I can come up with and will send the file back to you...

Thanks you a lot for helping me. This is an honour for me to studying from you.

I'm keep finding solution while waiting for your reply.

Thanks a lot !!!

Hello,

it took several hours to configure your network to have basic IP connectivity. I am not sure what your experience level is, but review the configs and try to familiarize yourself with

VTP

Router-on-a-stick

OSPF

Vlan Trunking

Hello. I'm really appreciate for helping me.

Can I ask you a question ? I don't know how to configure the sub - interface GigabitEthernet, so can you guide me ? because I saw that you have configured some subinterfaces like GigabitEthernet 0/0/0/.10, etc.

And one more question, how can I connect the separated Server to the router ? (Picture below)

Hello,

subinterfaces on a router are configured like this:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0.90

encapsulation dot1q 90

ip address 172.169.1.186 255.255.255.252

In order to connect the new server to the switch (since it is on a separate subnet), you need to create a new Vlan and subinterface.

On the switch (HCM_Switch), configure the Vlan:

HCM_Switch(config)#vlan 90

Then, configure the port where the new server is connected to:

HCM_Switch#config t

HCM_Switch(config)#interface FastEthernet0/6

HCM_Switch(config-if)#switchport mode access

HCM_Switch(config-if)#switchport access vlan 90

HCM_Switch(config-if)#spanning-tree portfast

Thanks a lot.

In the pic below:

I should create sub interface for gigabitethernet for each LAN ?

And do I need to set IP address for each switch in each cluster ?

And how you create VLAN 40 or VLAN ... ?

Hello,

yes, you need to create a Vlan subinterface for each Vlan.

The HCM_Switch is the VTP server for all connected switches, if you create the Vlans there, they will be propagated to all other connected switches.

The switches can have a management IP address. I would pick something other than Vlan 1, because that is usually not considered safe. Create e.g. Vlan 100 (for that you also need a subinterface on the router).

The subinterface on the router is gigabitethernet0/0/0.10, etc right ?

So I should create a vlan sub interface on what device, HCM_Switch or those switches that connected to the HCM_Switch ?

How to create a VLAN sub interface ?

And how to connect the sub interface on router to those vlans ?

Sorry for asking because I'm trying to learn as much as possible if you don't mind

Hello,

did you open the file I sent ? If you look at the router, you can see how the subinterfaces are configured...

The Vlans needs to be created on the switch(es).

I have looked at it and seen some subinterfaces but how I connect them turn
them UP
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card