cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SFE2010 Won't save changes

jprepici
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently purchased several SFE2010 small business switches for a group of labs.  After configuring them all everything seemed fine until hurricane Irene blew through the state and I proactively brought the labs offline until after the storm.  Once powered back on, it was noticed that none of the configurations saved.  I spent the day today going over one of the switches to see if it was user error and maybe I forgot to click the apply button in the web interface.  After trying this several times, trying to save changes via the command line, undating the firmware and trying it all again, trying to make changes using IE instead of Firefox, etc nothing seemed to work.  So at this point I'm at a loss and not sure if I maybe got a bad batch of switches and I should look to return them, or maybe there's something I'm overlooking. 

Any help or insight on this would be appreciated.  Like I said, really at a loss on this one and did quite a bit of searching looking for related posts and nothing came up.

1 Reply 1

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

In my view the procedure to save configuration after you have configured requested parameters should be as follows (via web interface):

1) Admin > File Management > Copy Files,

2) Select: Copy configuration, Source File Name: Running Configuration, Destination File Name: Startup Configuration,

3) Click: Apply.

Good Luck!

Best regards,

Antonin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card