Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Sup2T External CF

de1denta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to verify the presence of an external Compact Flash slot on the Sup2T (VS-S2T-10G) as I don’t have one in front of me, and I found the following module installation guide which seems to suggest that it has a PCMCIA slot -  See figure 2-8 and under table 2-22 Supervisor Engine 2T Features

"One PCMCIA slot is available. The PCMCIA slots allow a Flash PC card to be installed providing additional flash memory. You can use this flash memory to store and run software images or to serve as an I/O device. An eject button is located on the left side, next to each slot. Pushing in on the button ejects the Flash PC card from the slot. The slot supports 1 GB Flash PC cards." 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Module_Installation/Sup_Eng_Guide/supe_gd/02superv.html#18193 

Is this incorrect?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The Sup comes with a Compact Flash slot (Type II), but I have never used it and not even sure if it really works. PCMCIA is very old.

Anyway, the internal flash is 1Gig by default and so, you should be able to store more than one IOS on it.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That's a compact flash (CF) slot. This is a "document bug".
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card