Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch 3560-C with Avaya Phone

Omar Badr
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Engineer

Please i need your support why switch cant learn AVAYA as a Telephone ( T ) and learn it as Bridge ( B ).

Best Regards.

Omar Badr

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Omar!

When you do a "show lldp neighbors FaX/X det" you can see all the capabilities, What do you see in the next items: System Capabilities and Enabled Capabilities?

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I could be wrong but don't think the Avaya phone does CDP.

You may need to enable LLDP on the switch (as well as the phone).

In the global configuration mode on the switch:

!

lldp run

!

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Omar!

When you do a "show lldp neighbors FaX/X det" you can see all the capabilities, What do you see in the next items: System Capabilities and Enabled Capabilities?

Regards,

Sorry, but I'm no longer in a Cisco / Avaya environment so I cannot reference anything to corroborate. I knew you needed to have LLDP running. Guess you knew that already.

Austin Sabio
Level 4
Level 4

Just wanted to provide AVAYA official resources confirming AVAYA supports LLDP not CDP.
" In addition, Avaya's support for LLDP provides the ability to consolidate information such as device-type, software version and serial number for inventory management"
https://downloads.avaya.com/elmodocs2/security/802_1x-LLDP.pdf

One of the reasons for this according to AVAYA, Cisco CDP uses advertised power class from non Cisco PoE while Avaya uses dynamic power allocation not by PoE classification but by exact PoE required therefore no proprietary protocol is needed as long as client device is a 802.3af compliant.

Please rate/mark answer as correct if it is helpful to benefit others. Thank you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card