cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Switch 3750G-48-PS

trial
Level 1
Level 1

We have a switch 3750 G and it´s rebooting continously. It shows:  %Crashinfo not stored: cannot open "flash:/crashinfo/crashinfo_224". Any idea of how to repair that problem? 

We are unable to configure the switch, show we can´t enter any command

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

We are returning the equipment like that because as I´ve read in other threads, people tell that the most secure fact is that the HW is physically affected. Thanks for the support!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the complete output to the following commands:
1. dir; and
2. sh version

The problem is that i cannot enter any command because it is rebooting all the time.

@trial wrote:

The problem is that i cannot enter any command because it is rebooting all the time.

The reason why it's crashing all the time is because the switch is going through a vicious cycle called boot-crash-loop.  

When a router or a switch crashes, it always generates a crash file.  If no one cares then the more the appliance crashes, the more crash logs it will generate.  It will keep generating files until the flash runs out of space.  And when this happens the appliance will crash, and boot up, crashes (because it's ran out of flash space & cannot create another crash file), boot up ... you get the message. 

The only way to stop this cycle is to break into ROMmon and delete the old crash logs or format the flash.  

I am in the ROMon mode and i cant run succesfully dir flash: command any idea why?

@trial wrote:

I am in the ROMon mode and i cant run succesfully dir flash: command any idea why?

What error message are you seeing when you enter the command "dir flash:" in ROMmon?

switch: dir flash:
unable to stat flash:/: invalid argument

Do this:
flash_init
load_helper
dir flash:

now how can i load other image, because i think that tftp method is unable, isnt it?

I got installing the new IOS image, but when I boot it, it shows me the message that the siwcht is unable to use. So may be the best option is the return of the equipment

Post the entire boot-up process.

We are returning the equipment like that because as I´ve read in other threads, people tell that the most secure fact is that the HW is physically affected. Thanks for the support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card