Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco vPC vs Stack

Hi Cisco Community ,

Need to know whether in Cisco vPC are the interfaces shown as if in a single chassis when logged in to Mgmt IP ?

I have configured two Nexus 93108 chassis with vPC between them and vPC is successful , but unlike Cisco Stack I have to login on particular Chassis to configure its Interfaces .

Whereas in Cisco Stack We used to login the Mgmt Ip and it automatically took us to the Master unit. Need a clarification whether I am missing something or is it the default behaviour in vPC that Interfaces can not be seen in a consolidated manner?

Thanks in advance .

Regards

Hassan Shah

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Need to know whether in Cisco vPC are the interfaces shown as if in a single chassis when logged in to Mgmt IP ?

single devices you will see when you log in to the MGMT ip  , so if you have 2 7ks and you log in either MGMT ip address it will bring you to that 7K only , its not like VSS or a stack

As already noted by Mark, Nexus vPC do not form one logical device, so there's still two distinct devices to manage.

However, I recall there's an option to keep some configuration information in sync between two vPC devices.  I recall it applies to shared FEX interfaces.

Thanks Mark and Joseph for the clarification :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card