cancel
查看次数
有帮助
回复

Cisco WS-C4900M can't reset password when booting from tftp

Michael Peel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WS-C4900M that was purchased second hand and the image that is on it appears to be corrupt. I have tried to confreg the system to ignore the startup-config. The system will show in the startup that it is set to 0x2142, but when I  reset it (like it tells me to do after the confreg) and then go back into ROMMON the confreg resets back to 0x2102. Even if I don't do the reset and try to boot to the image via tftp I still get prompted for login information that is unknown. Since it was second and the person that sold it doesn't know that info either. Does anyone know how I can get this thing to boot via tftp and to ignore the startup-config? I would really like to get this unit working so any help would be great.

Thanks,

Michael

1 个已接受解答

已接受的解答

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The system will show in the startup that it is set to 0x2142, but when I  reset it (like it tells me to do after the confreg) and then go back into ROMMON the confreg resets back to 0x2102.

So after config-register value is set to 0x2142, then boot appliance in default.  Did you clear the config with the command "wr erase"?

在原帖中查看解决方案

3 条回复3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The system will show in the startup that it is set to 0x2142, but when I  reset it (like it tells me to do after the confreg) and then go back into ROMMON the confreg resets back to 0x2102.

So after config-register value is set to 0x2142, then boot appliance in default.  Did you clear the config with the command "wr erase"?

Even though ROMMON says 0x2142 before the required reset after running confreg if I boot to a network image I am still prompted for a username and password, which I do not know. So I can not even get to the point were I can do a write erase.

It looks like none of the information that I am adding to the ROMMON boot config via set commands such as IP information is being saved. This unit unlike other cisco units that I have worked with doesn't have a synch command to set the set ROMMON boot config.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card