Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Combine two links from different module in the N7k VPC peer link

Dears,

Can i combine two links from different module in the N7k VPC peer link as follows:

N7K-1     VPC Peer link    N7K-2

M2    -----------------------  M2

M1    ----------------------   M1

Is this is supported or the VPC peer link should not be mixed and only from one type line card?

Regards,

Muhannad

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

does not look like its supported on 6.1 or below anyway , what version are you running

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/interfaces/configuration/guide/b-Cisco-Nexus-7000-Series-NX-OS-Interfaces-Configuration-Guide-Book/configuring-vpcs.html

vPC Peer Link and I/O Modules Support in Cisco NX-OS Release 6.1 and Earlier Releases

In Cisco NX-OS Release 6.1 and earlier releases, only identical I/O modules on either side of a vPC peer link are supported. Using different I/O modules on either side of a vPC peer link is not supported. Mixing I/O modules on the same side of a port channel is also not supported. The table above displays the I/O modules that are supported on both sides of a vPC peer link.

While using port channels, we recommended that you use identical line cards on both sides.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response, i am running version 6.2, does this make any difference?

Can i combine the ports from different line cards (M1 and M2)?

Regards,

Muhannad

HI

looking at the docs no , not in 6.2 either , looks liken the 6 release is all the same

The vPC peer-link interfaces must be on the same module type on both vPC peers as described in the vPC Peer Link and I/O Modules Support In Cisco NX-OS Release 6.2 section of the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series NX-OS Interfaces Configuration Guide, Release 6.x.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/116424-technote-vpc-00.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card