Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Let's say I have the following: routed refers to routed interface we want to ping between computer1 and computer2 Current design: (computer1)----Sw1----routed----Sw2---routed---Sw3---routed----Sw4-----(computer2) Future design: (computer1)---Sw1-...

afsharki2 by Level 1
  • 35 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi thereAlthough we use Features like spanning-tree portfast bpduguard and spanning-tree guard root, we had a Broadcast-Loop taking down Headquarters last month. As far as we can see it, using Storm-Control would have prevented this loop, which is wh...

Hi, I am doing practice lab with Cisco 3750. I have below config details: Config for subnet: VLAN interface with HSRP prefix-list  static route advertisement static to eigrp redistribution with route-map. I removed Vlan interface and prefix-list the...

DrPatel23 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have tried this configuration above on CISCo packet tracer I configured all interfaces of all switches - Trunks for all switches -Access ports for all switches I configured VLANS for all switches -only two VLANS -I associated the VLANS with switch...

akariri01 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys, I want to ask you about  DHCP server specially for APs and IP phones and SSID users, which is better is to make my core switch 6509 to be as DHCP server for them or the CUCM and WLC! if it is Core sw why? and if it's WLC and CUCM why? Tha...

Dear, We have a nexus switch 9300 on a customer site and I know it doesn't support dhcp server. So, I want to run dhcp server on 4-stacked edge switches connected to nexus core switch.. BUT there a lot of others edge switches connected to the core. s...

Hi everybodyh1--------f1/1SW----rest of networkh1 is statically configured with 199.199.199.1/24.  We want to use Dynamic arp inspection on sw to guard against forged arp replies.My book says for statically configured hosts such as h1, we can use arp...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, I have a EtherChannel which consist of 2 lines connected to chassis A and B separately. When all VSL failed, the EtherChannel will be Err-disabled. Is there any way to keep the EtherChannel alive? Thanks.

r6g457001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everybody, I'm doing a LAB with dynamic routing protocol EIGRP through DMVPN but isn't working correctly. Below is the neighbors messages on the console. I really appreciate it if anyone can help me. SPOKE*Apr 7 13:51:34.675: %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE:...

I have one fex port E101/1/3, currently is down, but port E101/1/2 is up.  port channel 101 is up, sh int status fex 101 shows that E101/1/3 is not connected, so why this port is down, can any expert list the possible reasons and can we bounce that p...

Mary by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i'm a beginner and i'm using Cisco Packet Tracer. -I've this topology  with STP and etherchannel activated. I've configurated 3 channel groups with channel-protocol lacp : -Fa 0/10-11 group 1 mode active ( switches in the north and south of topo...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card