cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command Deprecated

Karvel
Level 1
Level 1

I am integrating my Cisco switch with ISE, when used the command "aaa accounting identity default start-stop group ISE" all the authentication commands are gone.

I will not be able to configure authentication on the port levels, it says command Deprecated please use the access-session instead. 

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is this device, what is the IOS/IOS XE code here, is this occurs when you upgraded the IOS?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am using the cisco 2960 X switch, with IOS version of 15.2.7 and it occurred without any update.

when I used the Command"aaa accounting identity default start-stop group ISE" which causes this issue.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmm, two statements.

Did you also have a question?

Is there any way in order to bypass this issue?

Yes, drop back to an earlier IOS version, which supports the commands you want to use, which I wouldn't recommend just for deprecated commands.

Otherwise, you use whatever the new commands are, if such are provided.

If you want old commands retained, in later versions, you can request Cisco to do so.  However, unless you're a very, very large customer, or other customers want the same, that's unlikely to happen.

Are you sure you are following the right guide to configure it? At least I know *this* command only from IOS-XE and not from the legacy IOS.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card