cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

command for checking performance of L3 SWITCH

knaik99
Level 1
Level 1

one of my site has L3 switch as core and I want to check whether this switch would be getting loaded with routing and switching processes for last 7days so what is command to check that i.e. performance of that L3 switch?

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- That would depend on the particular model/type ,can you share ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

C9300-24T-E

Hello,

I think the most you can do on a L3 switch is check utilization for the last 72 hours, by using the command:

L3Switch#show processes cpu history

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What OS?  IOS or IOS-XE?

C9300-24T-E

@knaik99 wrote:

C9300-24T-E

Ok, we're playing "20 questions" are we? 

Ok, what is the exact firmware of the switch running on?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

we need to know what is the version of code running and you have any NMS you can monitor

here is troubleshoot guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/16-5/configuration_guide/sys_mgmt/b_165_sys_mgmt_9300_cg/troubleshooting_the_software_configuration.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Besides other replies you may also look into CIsco Prime, a network management tool, which offers an easy performance dash-board for core switches (too). You will also get notified , if core uplinks get saturated , for instance.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

On a side note, Cisco Prime is definitely good...but even the most basic 50 device license costs >$5,000. So it is not cheap...;)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card