Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibily matrix IOS - Rommon for 6807 devices

marzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I need to upgrade some Cisco devices model 6807 (sup6t and sup2t) to the suggested release (now is 155-1.SY10).

Some of them have old IOS release on board, so I would like to know if there is a compatibily matrix in order to know if a rommon upgrade needed before an IOS upgrade.

Thanks in advance

Fabrizio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-  Lookup the Release Notes of the version you want to install and then look for rommon with find in your browser  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-  Lookup the Release Notes of the version you want to install and then look for rommon with find in your browser  , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You already on - 155-1.SY10  and only available next version is 5.5.1-SY12 (this is minor update) so personall you do not need ROMMON Upgrade.

if your intent to upgrade the version i mentioned above.

Also matter what hardware version  ( as i checked last time the latest ROMMON we used  on 68XX -XL - 15.2(1r)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is very important to read the 15.5(1)SY Release Notes very, very carefully.  The Release Notes have some "funny" information about manually performing FPGA upgrade on some line cards.  It is "funny" because the FPGA command is "hidden".  This manual FPGA is not supported in FSU/eFSU nor ISSU.  

Please read THIS.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card