Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concern on Port Security on AP connected sw port

Helloo All,

Access point connected switch port is enabled with port security and AP mac is stick on port. I have created a SSID with Flex-connect local switching. In this scenario clients will not get the IP address as we have only allowed the AP MAC on the switch port.

If i want to do port security and clients should get IP address, then i have to remove the sticky MAC option from port security.

With the same switch port configuration if the SSID is non Flex-connect local switching , Clients will get the IP address as the traffic of them will be via WLC.

Above understanding of Port Security for Local and flex-connect concept is correct ?

Regards,

Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
1 Reply 1

Alex Pfeil
Rising star
Rising star
I think that is the case. For flex-connect, you cannot limit the MAC addresses on the wireless AP or it will cause the port to go err-disabled when it reaches the limit.

Please rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: