cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure jumbo frame on Nexus??

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

If you need to configure Jumbo framing to ports that are assigned to L2 port-channels on a Cisco Nexus 5k, should you configure it on the actual port-channel or the actual physical interface? Will making this change cause any disruption?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the 5ks, configuring the Jumbo frame is a global policy which means it applies it to all physical interfaces. See link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/112080-config-mtu-nexus.html

HTH

View solution in original post

Thing is, when I look at show running=config all is shows 1500 MTU under the port-channels and applicable interfaces.

If you want to see the correct jumbo frame size, try this command:

sh queu interface x/x

or

sh queu interface x/x det

you should be able to see mtu 9216

Good Luck!

HTH

Not sure if the Portchannel will show the cumulative numbers but I think as long as you see them on individual interfaces, you should be good to go.

HTH 

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure the interface level is suggested, yes it will be a small convergency time to negotiate.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I dont have any options for "mtu" or anything like that on the interface. Any ideas?

I was provided 7K information, 5k it was global config :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/112080-config-mtu-nexus.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the 5ks, configuring the Jumbo frame is a global policy which means it applies it to all physical interfaces. See link:

HTH

Yes I caught that. I got this in the running config so I belive it is already enabled?? Thing is, when I look at show running=config all is shows 1500 MTU under the port-channels and applicable interfaces.

olicy-map type network-qos jumbo

class type network-qos class-default

mtu 9216

multi-cast optimize

systesm qos

service-policy type network-qos jumbo

Thanks again Reza. See my previous reply?

Thing is, when I look at show running=config all is shows 1500 MTU under the port-channels and applicable interfaces.

If you want to see the correct jumbo frame size, try this command:

sh queu interface x/x

or

sh queu interface x/x det

you should be able to see mtu 9216

Good Luck!

HTH

Yes sir thanks again. 

One one of the applicable port-channels for this interface, I don't see much jumbo packets however I see many packets on the associated interfaces. Should I not see the cumulative number of packets on the port-channels for these interfaces?

Not sure if the Portchannel will show the cumulative numbers but I think as long as you see them on individual interfaces, you should be good to go.

HTH 

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

Ok thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card