cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring OSPF on a layer 3 switch 3560G

asencalar
Level 1
Level 1

Configuring OSPF on a catalyst 3560G Switch to connect to our building next door by way of fiber.  The other two switches in the other building are running OSPF, I am trying to connect to the other building and access a server which is on a switch running OSPF.  I am trying to configure the switch here to run OSPF and be able to see the neighbor, but currently can't although I've identified the networks.  Maybe I'm missing something, I've followed the instructions but  something is not right.  Can anyone help in possibly identifying or certain things that I need to look no matter how basic it may be.                    

19 Replies 19

I will let you know once I try your suggestions, thanks for checking.            

I got it working thank you for your assistance, it had to do with the authentication, I didn't have the "ip ospf message-digest- key" in VLAN 1000, now I can see the neighbors.

Thats good to hear Ates.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Thank you for the tip. I had an issue with OSPF between a Router and a Switch and I had to add that on both sides to avoid Network Type BROADCAST:

R1#
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
ip address 10.10.100.1 255.255.255.0
ip ospf network point-to-point
S1#
interface Vlan100
ip address 10.10.100.2 255.255.255.252
ip ospf network point-to-point

Can you please share both devices configuration. if [possible please share logs let me try

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card