Helpful
Replies

connect between Cisco N5k vs Dell blade

quynhln8
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 blade DELL and 2 switch cisco n5k  e1/37-40 <=> Te0/49-52

with N5k-1 & vsys01-dell, use port channel 4 member, any work normal

but with N5k-2 & vsys02-dell, only 1 port working, 3 other port status up but protocol down

show int po1 in DELL switch, only 1 member port te0/49 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nfrUhvdQh3CNkKcf5IqsLWJQC7AUOAtx?usp=drive_link

lookinf for your help

15 Replies 15

justin10
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys!

In my opinion, only one port appears to be working, while the others show as "up" but with a "down" protocol status.

Let's troubleshoot this together! Here are a few steps to check:

• Make sure both the Dell switch and the Cisco N5k-2 are configured identically for the port channel. Any mismatch could cause issues.
  • Verify that Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) is enabled and configured correctly on both switches. LACP allows for automatic port bundling.
  • Double-check that each physical interface included in the port channel is properly configured and shows as "up."
    Take a look at the switch logs for any error messages or clues related to the port channel. These logs can be helpful in pinpointing the problem.
  •  It might seem simple, but sometimes the culprit is a loose cable! Double-check all physical connections between the switches and the server.

And If these steps don't solve the issue, resetting and reconfiguring the port channel might be necessary. I hope this will help you.

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card