cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Multiple switches to a Single Firewall

prema.params
Level 1
Level 1

Could I configure and connect 3 Dell switches to an ASA-5525 Firewall which has got 8 interfaces

Ciscopic.jpg

7 Replies 7

Devavrat Oka
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. Are the Dell switches Layer 2 only or Multi Layer?

Yes, They are Layer 3 switches

Mitchell Dyer
Level 1
Level 1

You sure could... a better question might be... what is the application?

ccnpjobhunter
Level 1
Level 1

Technically, I think could be possible. You have the tools available for the lab, try it and let us know. The questions should be, did you try it, what you find that doesnt allow you to or  you dont have a clue how to do it?  Did you configure subinterfaces in your inside? Are those switches in different vlans? Because the way you ask the question its like you never try it or you simple want a YES/NO response.

We are planning to order a Cisco ASA Firewall. Before ordering, I wanted to confirm whether it works . Thank you for your answers

Steve Graham
Level 1
Level 1

The simple answer is yes, however, without the details of what you are trying to accomplish with these 3 switches, it's hard to give you the necessitites you may need prior to making your decision.

I'm going to assume these 3 swtiches host 3 different areas within your data environment (Inside, Outside, and DMZ)?  If this is the case, all is well in the world.

Steve

Graham,

Just a question, how could you answer his question with a simple yes without knowing the details. Just curious?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco