cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection of two different PoE-Switches (PoE:SG350-10MP 10-Port and PoE: Cisco C1000-8FP-E-2G-L) with AP: c9120AIX

ARIEH_GmbH
Level 1
Level 1

How can you connect two different PoE switches with an Ethernet cable (RJ-45)?

If you connect port 1 of (SG350-10MP 10-Port) to port 1 (Cisco C1000-8FP-E-2G-L), the connection will fail after a few minutes.

You cannot establish a continuous connection between these two PoE switches. Is this one of the reason, that the STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) deactivate the ports or that the Management of PoE deactives ports these ports (inactivate or activate the Ports) or that the Combination of two different Types of PoE Switches creates Conflicts.
What Kind of Solutions exist?
SFP-Connections or STP-Regulations or other Solutions or Cascade?

An AP (C9120AIX-E) with its own Giga Ethernet 0/0 port is connected to port 2 of the PoE switch (Cisco C1000-8FP-E-2G-L) and draw electricity by the switch (Cisco C1000-8FP-E-2G-L).

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- A first step to get a glimpse on failing events related  what you are trying to achieve is follow-up on the logs , of the involved devices, when it happens. This may become a first step to more insights.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read the Data Sheets for the SG350-10MP very, very carefully. 

Remember, Cisco Data Sheets are made by Marketing/Sales people -- So "read between the lines". 

SG350-10MP has 8 x PoE ports and have a PoE "allowance" of 124W.  This translates up to 15.5W per port.

9120ax requires, a minumum of, 25.5W PoE power.  

amikat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Can you please post the information about the interfaces status, ie:

"show interfaces gi1/0/1" as of the Cisco C1000-8FP-E-2G-L box,

"show interfaces status" provided you are using CLI or "Port Management > Port Settings" screenshot when GUI as of the SG350-10MP box.

As for the PoE please stay calm as the Cisco C1000-8FP-E-2G-L switch ports can provide PoE support for devices compliant with IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at (PoE+), ie. C9120AIX-E AP as well (of course up to the total 120W budget only).

Thanks & Regards,

Antonin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card