cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection to switch disappeared

P K
Level 1
Level 1

Brand new switch during first configuration disappears.  10.0.0.1 went okay, but in 10.0.03 after change user and password I get to browse the menu on the left couple of minutes before network connection suddenly disappears and I never get back in again.  Tried 3 different computers and cables but no go. Restarted and reset a number of times- green lights from switch and cable port in it but not getting contact with addresses above nor getting IP from switch.  Tried with W10 and Linux. Haven't found similar case on internet searches either.  Switch is Catalyst 1000-8P-E-2G-L

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

P K
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved by returning the switch. Quite unacceptable for brand new switch just go silent like this. Sticker in the bottom said Made in China ... and I believed Cisco was 'Murican.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

are you trying the Web GUI ? What about the console port ?

Hi, webGUI only. I haven't any other cables to try console port.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
10.0.0.1 went okay, but in 10.0.03 after change user and password I get to browse the menu on the left couple of minutes before network connection suddenly disappears and I never get back in again

This is not clear here - after changing the IP address you mean ?  (I take that IP as 10.0.0.3 - type of your original post).

how are you changing the IP address, console or GUI ? (what is your device IP address  PC/Laptop?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

First time using Cisco, I think new configuration is called "day0" when new switch is started. There I used .1 first and then I was kicked out for new login and had to use .3 to get in. In there I spent couple of minutes without changing anything and connection disappeared.

Changing IP was done simply in web browser to point it to that next login. Old address didn't work if I remember it right.

PCs were set to receive IP via DHCP.

P K
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry about short answers. Seems like Cisco is blocking VPN and my thumbs are little bit too stiff for mobiles keyboard.

P K
Level 1
Level 1

Problem solved by returning the switch. Quite unacceptable for brand new switch just go silent like this. Sticker in the bottom said Made in China ... and I believed Cisco was 'Murican.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card