cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

copy running-config startup-config not working

Clay Plaga
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to save the running config to the startup config, on a Cisco 2960s and it's not working. I think it's not liking the copy command.

This is the command I'm using:

copy running-config startup-config

Can someone tell me why it's not working, I know that I have used this command before. Is there another command that does the same thing?

Thank You.

7 Replies 7

fsebera
Level 4
Level 4

try wr in enable mode

Frank

Thank You, I got it to work, I was still in config t mode. When I went into enable mode, the command worked. One more question, when I use the show ip interface brief command, I always see fastethernet0 at the top of the list. What is that fastethernet0 port?

Thanks.

If you want to do other commands even in config mode you can use the "do"  command such as   "do copy running-config startup-confg"   or   "do show interface status" all from config mode if you needed to .  Sometimes comes in handy and reduces going in and out of config mode.

Yes, thank you.

I have interface gi1/0/2 that is set as a trunking port on vlan 10 & 20. I want to reset the port back to an access port on vlan 1. The command I'm trying is not working. what is the command to do this?

Thank You.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

In config mode, try default interface g1/0/2, then config as desired.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

F0 might be a dedicated management port.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card