Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 2x v10000 Websense Security Gateways that are connected to 2x 6500 SUP720. When I turn on cluster management function between Websense appliance, they speak to each other only if they are connected in the same 6500. When they are connected one...

hencar by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys i recently had my ccie sp exam and i face the following issue i really appreciate if some one can tell the route cause of this issue. Here is the topology  XR2--------XR3---------R5-                 -               - R7----------XR4---------R...

rajput001 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IOS-2960X

Hi. I have been running two 2960X switches(ver- 15.0(2)EX4) in stack. I need to downrade image to 15.0(2)EX3 due to bug in current image.I tried below image to download on flash1 & flash2 through "copy tftp flash1" command but it gave error of timed ...

Anukalp S by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I trying settings the follow environment.  Exists any tecnology permit the vlans the client 1 go encapsulation into vlan 100 and traffic client 2 into vlan200. I trying follow setting switchport mode dot1q-tunnel I reserarching the 802.1ad an...

r-barbosa by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Friends,  we have WS-C6513-E ( IOS 15.0(1)SY7a ) with VS-SUP2T-10G.We started receiving the following errors : from show log : %C6KENV-4-MINORTEMPALARM: EARL 7/0 device-1 temperature crossed threshold #1(=110C). It has exceeded normal operating...

jgeralsky by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! QOS query

Team, I have made QOS on the edge router to serve the bandwidth for Voice and set it EF bit. My question is, if incoming packet is already EF bit marked and when it will reach to edge router , then what router will do. Will it remove the ef marking a...

rkashyapv by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI dont understand what i the following commands do, can someone please let me know authentication control-direction in authentication event fail action authorize vlan 100 authentication event server dead action authorize vlan 140 authentication eve...

Resolved! Hi CPU Utilization

Good day, We have a router (Cisco 2900 Series ) and we are  terminating L2P VPNs  (VPND) on it. We are getting the following processes when the CPU is high and they causing high CPU utilization,6    72013880     4251984      16936  7.83%  0.99%  0.75...

Mmiselo by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey, If UDLD is configured to detect when a link is still up, but for whatever reason BPDUs have stopped, what use is configuring it on links that are connected to a vPC? Can a VPC configuration still benefit from UDLD?Note: we've installed a 3850 st...

hi all,just a quick one, i'm going to change the IPs on our LAN switches.will i get disconnected if i change the ip default-gateway IP?i know i've configured a switch before without this and it still works.i would be changing the SVI IP last. no ip d...

Hello,I want to connect switches with optcal fiber (ports mini-GBIC) for 10 Gbit speedI have these switchesCisco SG300-28 28-Port Gigabit Managed SwitchCisco SGE2000 24-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet Switch0-28Cisco SRW2008-K9-G5Cisco SRW2048-K9-EU What m...