Views
Helpful
Replies

Corrupted ios image

diallodjeri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks ,

I desperately need help from you all here,I tried to  upgrade my switch 2900xl series ,but I upload the tar format of the ios  without using the appropriate command and it didn't obviously work then  I  deleted it and now I want to load back the original ios that was on  the switch by  using the  copy exmodem command but it not working ,and I  keep getting the error message that says no response from remote  system.I should let you know that the switch has no image in it right  now and it is stuck at switch: prompt.

I'm following the procedure described by Cisco at fallowing linkhttp://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a0080094955.shtml#mon

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using Hyperterminal?

How to Speed Up Xmodem Recovery

Yes I'm using hyperterminal.

Try with the link I've attached.

I have already set BAUD to 115200 but it still not working.

manju.cisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Just to add,

once you give the command copy xmodem flash: , do not send the file from hyperterminal immediately,

wait untill you see the message that system is ready to receive the file, and then only you send the file from send menu of the hyperterminal........

Keep the IOS on your desktop for faster access to send the file to avoid delay/timeouts

Thanks

I have fallowed exactly the instruction that was give but every time I hit the command copy exmodem: flash:file_name, all I get is permission denied and the switch is stuck at switch: prompt  and I'm out of idea now.

I need to remind you also that I did set the BAUD rate to 115200 for both switch and the hyperterminal but still no luck.

Reboot the switch and post everything you've done.  This I got to see. 

This is the output I get whenever I reboot the switch.

swich:

switch:

switch:

switch: flash_init

Initializing Flash...

...The flash is already initialized.

switch: load_helper

switch: copy exmodem: flash:c2900xl.bin

exmodem:: permission denied

switch:

Thanks to every one, I finally figure out my the source of my problem it was just a command typo exmodem instead of xmodem, everything is back in working condition now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card