Helpful
Replies

Default Route

botelho.rocha1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need Help about default route.

I have a config on my network a network x.x.x.x/16 and I created a default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x (Next Hop).

Now I want separate same address on that network have to go to another Next hop.

##########################################################################################################

Hi

This is the network 172.24.0.0/16

And I created a default route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x

Now I want take a Network of that network 172.24.8.0 to send to another Next Hop

How can I do?

###########################################################################################################

Thanks,

But It´s not necessary to create a ACL?

How about the Default Route?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Furose M
Level 3
Level 3

if you dont want the other network's devices to follow the routing table's default route, you can use Policy-based routing on the 2nd network which you dont want to obey the routing table's default route.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Furose M
Level 3
Level 3

if you dont want the other network's devices to follow the routing table's default route, you can use Policy-based routing on the 2nd network which you dont want to obey the routing table's default route.

Hello,
I already know how to set the PBR and I've done a script but my Switch 4500 is not to accept the IP configuration policy route-map to the interface.

Hello,

I already know how to set the PBR and I've done a script but my Switch 4500 is not to accept the IP configuration policy route-map to the interface.

Which interface are you applying it to?

Can you show us the configuration you have done?

Thanks

Router(config)# ip access-list extended TRAFEGO-PROXY

Router(config-ext-nacl)# permit ip 172.24.8.0 0.0.0.255 host 172.24.0.43

Router(config-ext-nacl)# deny ip any any

Router(config)# route-map PROXY permit 10

Router(config-route-map)# match ip address TRAFEGO-PROXY

Router(config-route-map)# set ip next-hop 172.24.0.43

Router(config)# interface Gigabitethernet 2/47 (This interface isn´t acept the configuration)

Router(config-if)# ip policy route-map PROXY (This comand isn´t avaliable I don´t know why)

This is presumably because you can't put a route-map on a port that is a member of a vlan.  You might be able to put it on the vlan interface itself; but that would apply to all ports in the vlan.

Another alternative is to put that interface as a routed interface via the "no switchport" command and assigning it it's own IP address, but if that's the proxy server itself it may be more complex than you're looking for.

Perhaps if we could see the output of "sh run int gi 2/47" ?

Hi,

Current configuration : 173 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet2/47
description to sw DMZ port 16
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk allowed vlan 4,6,9,20,999
switchport mode trunk
end

This interface is conected with the DMZ Switch where the Proxy Equipment is conected

pwwiddicombe
Level 4
Level 4

You can also put another static route in the table - if it's more specific, then it will override the default one for the target destinations it (they) include; and ones not listed still go the former default.

ip route 172.24.8.0 255.255.255.0 172.24.8.254

So anything within 172.24.8.x will go via the new route, while other destinations still go via the default route.  Easier than PBR, if it does what you need.

It wouldn't take anything FROM that network and send it to a different default route, though.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card