Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination host unreachable on Packet tracer

WC415
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I'm a student in college. I'm working on a Packet tracer lab, once I'm finished with my setup I try to ping the Loopback address on a Router  from PC1and PC2 and I keep getting "Destination host unreachable" message. I have been trying to fix this for a while, if anybody can tell me what I'm doing wrong it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

7 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

a couple of issues with your network:

The Vlan 17 interface on S0 had the same IP address as the Vlan 17 interface on S1.

The interface (FastEthernet0/6) on S0 was not configured as switchport in access mode for Vlan 17, so there was no connectivity between both switches.
The port (GigabitEthernet0/1) connecting the switch S0 to the router needs to be an access port in Vlan 108.

And last but not least: there was no routing between any of the devices. If you have more than two routers, it is usually recommended to use a routing protocol, so I configured OSPF on all devices.

Attached the revised file with end to end connectivity.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I have fixed the first and second issues mentioned above on the attached documents

I'm still trying to ping the loopback address on R1 with no luck, can't figure out what else I can try without using any routing protocols.

Thank you!

Hello,

your only option than are static routes. 

You were also missing some interface Vlan assignments, and Vlan 59 did not exist on the right switch (you need to create that manually).

Attached the working file with static routes and correct port/Vlan assignments.

Thank you very much Georg!

I'm curious to know, was the static routing configured on the router and both switches?

Hello,

yes indeed, static routing needs to be configured on the router and both switches. Every time you have networks that are not directly connected, you need static routes to these networks...

Thank you for your help, I got it now!

7 Replies 7

Hello,

a couple of issues with your network:

The Vlan 17 interface on S0 had the same IP address as the Vlan 17 interface on S1.

The interface (FastEthernet0/6) on S0 was not configured as switchport in access mode for Vlan 17, so there was no connectivity between both switches.
The port (GigabitEthernet0/1) connecting the switch S0 to the router needs to be an access port in Vlan 108.

And last but not least: there was no routing between any of the devices. If you have more than two routers, it is usually recommended to use a routing protocol, so I configured OSPF on all devices.

Attached the revised file with end to end connectivity.

Hi,

Thank you for your help, I have fixed the first and second issues mentioned above on the attached documents

I'm still trying to ping the loopback address on R1 with no luck, can't figure out what else I can try without using any routing protocols.

Thank you!

Hello,

your only option than are static routes. 

You were also missing some interface Vlan assignments, and Vlan 59 did not exist on the right switch (you need to create that manually).

Attached the working file with static routes and correct port/Vlan assignments.

Thank you very much Georg!

I'm curious to know, was the static routing configured on the router and both switches?

Hello,

yes indeed, static routing needs to be configured on the router and both switches. Every time you have networks that are not directly connected, you need static routes to these networks...

Thank you for your help, I got it now!

Good luck with your studies !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card