cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Assigned IP Address

Kinnup
Level 1
Level 1

I located the DHCP assigned IP address on my Linksys 8500 router software.  When I logged into the cisco software to manage this newly purchased from Amazon SG200-08P switch, the URL listed on the main page after logging in had the following after the IP address - http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/nikola_main.html#

My name isn't nikola.  I am suspecting that this is not supposed to say nikola_main.html# or is it?  I have no idea who nikola is. I am on my secure network.  Can anyone tell me what this represents and is it normal?  I just want to make sure.  If it is not normal, how can I fix this?  Thanks.

Kinnup

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

as far as I recall a while ago Cisco has something called the 'Cisco Small Business Switching Evolution Project Nikola' of which the SG and SF switches are part. So ever since, these switches are also referred to as 'Nikola' devices. Either way, the 'nikola_main.html' was supposed to be fixed in later firmware releases, not sure if that ever happened. The lastest release is 1.0.8.3, make sure you are running that. Either way, the reference to 'Nikola' comes from Cisco itself and is nothing to worry about.

Out of curiosity, I googled Nikola Tesla, it was a Serbian-American electrical engineer and inventor, so the reference make sense I guess. Looking at Dennis' response, it seems that Cisco is not the only company using his name...;)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nicola is a motor company that makes hybrid trucks, and also Tesla's first name, so very clever.

in all fairness, what does that URL connect to, and I would factory rest the router first before you do the initial set up. it might be a refurb.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hello,

as far as I recall a while ago Cisco has something called the 'Cisco Small Business Switching Evolution Project Nikola' of which the SG and SF switches are part. So ever since, these switches are also referred to as 'Nikola' devices. Either way, the 'nikola_main.html' was supposed to be fixed in later firmware releases, not sure if that ever happened. The lastest release is 1.0.8.3, make sure you are running that. Either way, the reference to 'Nikola' comes from Cisco itself and is nothing to worry about.

Out of curiosity, I googled Nikola Tesla, it was a Serbian-American electrical engineer and inventor, so the reference make sense I guess. Looking at Dennis' response, it seems that Cisco is not the only company using his name...;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: